Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring is here, so lets grow peppers!

I waited later than usual to start gardening this year.  Last year I planted, things grew and thwack! A frost.  So this year trepidation set in and I waited.  However, I had to do something, so I started my plants indoors.

I had saved the seeds from some sweet peppers that I bought at the market.  So I thought I would try to grow them.  They take a particularly long time to get going so they were the first to be planted in my little pots.  After they grew to 2 inches high I decided to transplant them into a larger pot with better soil.  Do I have any?  Yes! Remember the compost bin I installed last year?  The soil at the bottom is black as coal.  Luscious if your a soil lover.

Peppers especially love a rich composted soil, so I filled a pot for my little friends to go in.  I also added a few of my worms.  They are doing wonderful, by the way. Many babies were born over the winter months.  So, it's time for them to go to pay their rent.  I only transplanted the peppers last week, and already they have doubled in size. The compost must be working. 



Hummm...what shall I plant tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Id love to hear from you.